Monday, October 4, 2010

Design Project

This is an example of a design project that I have to do for my Design class.

It's the one I'm working on now.

We get a photo of somebody.



Make it grayscale or whatever, and crop the face



Then we print it out, lay a grid over it, and grid a 19 x 24 inch piece of illustration board.

Then we have to assign a value to each individual square and paint that value onto the illustration board.

The final product will look something like this...



I'll post my final piece when I finish it.

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of what i'd use this for other than maybe a square mosaic piece of artwork. Any idea why they want you doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @moggets, not really, they just want us to get good at value i guess haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you have redeemed yourself. This post... as simple as it is, is pretty awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete